Monday, October 29, 2012

Mighty Mouse!

Last night Charlie came into the kitchen while I was doing dishes and said "Okay, so don't freak out, okay?" At which I got nervous, because Charlie doesn't really say that phrase lightly. "I found a mouse in the de-humidifier."

See we have a de-humidifier for our house that I found at a yard sale because our house is crazy moist and we needed something to suck up the liquid. I obviously have no idea how it actually works. The point is, there is a little space and a hole where the mouse crawled up into the humidifier and jumped into the water. I'd like to believe that this mouse was neither stupid nor suicidal, just a bit delusional in his climbing skills.

Anyway, this made me sad because I love mice. As a kid I tried to save a stunned mouse once by keeping it in a shoe box (not sure my mom was very aware of this!) I don't want them dead, and I definitely don't want them drowned in my dehumidifier! So I sewed a mouse today to make myself feel better!
Simone Mouse



Isn't he cute?

1 comment: