Sunday, October 28, 2012

Waking World

This weekend I took a flash trip to Pasadena, Maryland, for my friend Steph's wedding. Charlie couldn't come, but Steph is one of those old dear friends I don't get to see as much as I want to, and I was determined not to miss her wedding if I could help it. So I drove across Virginia with Andrew Peterson's "Light for the Lost Boy" album playing, the gray autumn sky spreading out above my car, and I got to fall in love with God again.
Peterson's song called "I just want to thank someone for this" made my whole self shake as I caught a glimpse of the wonder and the power and the might of my God in creation. For a moment, I was able to forget about my small concerns and see the reality of a world holding its breath.


"To be more than merely innocent

But to be broken then redeemed by love

Maybe this old world is bent

But it's waking up

And I'm waking up

'Cause I can hear the voice of one

He's crying in the wilderness

Make ready for the Kingdom Come

Don't you want to thank someone for this?

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Hallalujah! Hallelujah!

Come back soon

Come back soon!"

No comments:

Post a Comment