Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Talk-It-Up Tuesday

Good morning peeps! I think I'm going to use my Tuesday blog days as good days to promote other creative Etsy artists! There are so many wonderful/crafter artists on Etsy and I would love to be able to help even a couple of them get seen. I have a really deep respect for so many of these artists, probably especially so because I know what it's like to love what you create and want other people to as well. It gets confusing balancing creativity and enjoyment with practicality and the reality of needing to make money. I respect the people who find a way to make it happen without losing their passion!

I started a team on Etsy called Stuffed Animals of Etsy for stuffed animal creators to encourage and support one another. Here is one of the lovely ladies in my team!

Mama Mayberrys-

Hello! 

I am a full-time Mom and a part-time artist. I have a BFA and an MFA in painting but I have always loved sewing. I've been sewing since I was a little girl. When I was a girl scout, I learned how to make my first skirt, and I was hooked! I made my own clothes and handbags for years then started making clothes and costumes for my kids. When they began requesting stuffed animals I discovered that making toys is a lot of fun! 

I like toys with a little humor. I want them to be funny, cute, and silly. Well, at least they make me laugh! I also try to make everything as durable as I can. As a Mom I know, toys need to be able to withstand lots of love!

Thanks for visiting my little plush toy shop! I hope my little toys will brighten your day and make you smile! Please come back again soon!. I will be adding new items regularly!

Kristin (Mama Mayberry)

No comments:

Post a Comment